Hours: 2 Days per 40-hour week, 39 weeks of the year
Location: Smallfield, Surrey (close to West Sussex border)
Aurora is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities. We are currently looking for a Clinical Psychologist with an interest in autism to join Aurora Redehall School.
Aurora Redehall School is a specialist day school for children with communication challenges and associated difficulties. The school supports children aged 6-16 years with communication difficulties typically associated with Asperger’s Syndrome and Autism. The school opened in September 2017 and has created an environment conducive to learning for this specific student profile, designed to help them re-engage with learning and enjoy school life.
This is an exciting time in the school’s development and Clinical Psychology is an important role that will help shape the service delivery.
The ideal candidate will use their skills and expertise with psychological models and practices to enhance the learning, cognitive and emotional skills of children and young people as they re-engage with education and eventually prepare for adulthood. The role will also provide direct support for teaching staff to equip them with necessary skills to deliver young people’s communication and behaviour programmes as part of the school’s integrated approach to therapy.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
As part of the team you will provide support to students and colleagues at the school and work in line with the relevant legislation and the current quality standards. Key accountabilities include:
· Provide a clinical psychology service to children and young people with learning disabilities, so who may have behaviour that challenges others
· Provide advice, guidance and training to colleagues
· Work collaboratively with parents or carers, receiving and providing information and advice where necessary
· Undertake risk assessments where required, and to provide advice to other professionals on psychological aspects of risk assessment and management
· Prepare, implement and monitor individual positive behavioural plans for young people who require them
· Work in collaboration with colleagues to deliver positive outcomes for students.
· A UK-recognised post-graduate qualification in Psychology (or equivalent)
· Registered and accredited with Health & Care Profession Council (HCPC)
Previous experience in a similar role, preferably with children and young people.
Be part of our successful team and also benefit from a generous package that includes:
· Life assurance
· Pension plan
· High street discounts
· Child care vouchers
· Employee assistance programme
· Paid holiday
How to Apply:
If you are interested, then click “Apply Online” below. Alternatively, call Aurora Redehall on 01342 778650 or download our application form below and email it to email@example.com
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.